Company story

2006

GPEF buys 96% of ESB

GPEF acquired a 96% share in ESB, a provider of services and solutions for the energy sector. The remaining 4% share was acquired by two experienced managers, who invested in the company together with GPEF (management buy-in).

2007

ESB reorganisation

Genesis Capital reorganised ESB's operations.

2008

The company was newly split into several divisions, each of them focusing on different service areas and different type of clients:

ESB Elektrické stroje - service and maintenance of high-voltage transformers / ESB Rozvaděče – production of low- and medium-voltage switchboards / ESB Montáže – service and maintenance of high-voltage grids / ESB – holding company owning the original ESB premises in Brno / GPEF sold ESB Elektrické stroje to a Slovak strategic player. ESB Rozvaděče, the producer of switchboards, was relocated to the newly built premises under a new long-term lease contract.

2010

GPEF sold ESB Montáže

GPEF sold ESB Montáže to a Swiss-Czech buyer.

2011

GPEF sold ESB Rozvaděče

GPEF sold ESB Rozvaděče to the company's management backed by a private financial investor.

GPEF sold the remaining assets of ESB

GPEF sold the remaining assets of ESB as a brownfield to a Czech-Dutch developer.

2013

The ESB investment resulted in 4.5 cost multiple

The ESB investment resulted in 4.5 cost multiple, or 49% IRR.

Sales (in CZK mil)

period 2005 - 2008

Photogallery

Other case studies